Calaveras County Family Law Facilitator

Contact Information

Name: Calaveras County Family Law Facilitator
Address: 400 Government Center Drive, San Andreas, CA - 95249
Phone: (209) 754-1443

Service Information

The Office of the Family Law Facilitator of the Superior Court of California in Calaveras County has been established to:

    *Help individuals who cannot afford to hire an attorney, to represent themselves in matters pertaining to child support, spousal support where child support is also an issue, health insurance and uncovered medical expenses of children or day care reimbursements;
    *Offer information, education materials, court forms and assistance with court procedures;
    *Prepare support schedules based upon statutory guidelines; and
    *Make referrals to other appropriate agencies

Assistance is available to persons with matters clearly related to paternity, child support, spousal support where child support is also an issue, health care and day care reimbursements.

The Facilitator is available by in person appointment and limited scheduled telephone appointments in Calaveras County. It is always best to call ahead to check the Facilitator's availability.

In addition the Facilitator in her capacity as a Self Help Attorney offers self-help legal services in such matters as Divorce, Custody and Visitation, Guardianship, Step Parent Adoption and Expungements.

Appointments are generally available in San Andreas on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. When scheduling an appointment please provide the staff with your Superior Court Case number. Bring your paper work.

Mission Statement: To Provide Equal Access to Justice for All and where we are committed to maintain and enhance the public’s trust and confidence in the court system.

Frequently Asked Questions

1. What is legal aid?

Legal aid is free or low-cost legal advice and assistance given to those who cannot afford the services of an attorney.

2. Who is eligible for legal aid?

The eligibility requirements for legal aid vary depending on the country or state, but generally, those who have limited income and cannot afford the services of a lawyer are eligible for legal aid.

3. How can I apply for legal aid?

To apply for legal aid, you can either visit your local legal aid office or access their website to fill out an application form. You will be required to provide information on your income and assets, as well as the legal issue you need assistance with.

4. What types of legal issues are covered by legal aid?

Legal aid covers a wide range of legal issues, including family law, criminal law, employment law, housing, consumer law, and immigration law.

5. Can I choose my lawyer with legal aid?

In some cases, you may be able to choose your lawyer with legal aid. However, in most cases, the lawyer assigned to you by legal aid will depend on their availability and expertise in the area of law your case involves.

6. How much does legal aid cost?

Legal aid is either free or offered at a reduced cost, depending on your income and assets.

7. What documents do I need to provide for legal aid?

When applying for legal aid, you will need to provide proof of your income and assets, such as bank statements, tax returns, and proof of benefits.

8. Is legal aid available for international cases?

Legal aid is only available for cases that fall within the jurisdiction of the country or state offering legal aid services.

9. Can I appeal a decision made by legal aid?

If you are not satisfied with the decision made by legal aid, you may have the right to appeal the decision. This may involve filling out an appeal form or attending a hearing.

10. How can I find a legal aid office in my area?

You can find a legal aid office in your area by searching online or contacting your local bar association.